Westfund Health Insurance have released an initiative to help farmers impacted by the drought.
Westfund are committed to supporting those who have supported them and to helping our farmers adversely impacted by the effects of the current drought. They recognise the importance of sustaining the health and wellbeing of their members during the hard times, so they are offering their support.
Members eligible for the Program will be able to access up to six months membership as an ex gratia payment.
Westfund’s Drought Relief Assistance Program will be available from 1 September, 2018. Applications will close on 28 February, 2019. Their team will take you through the process and you’ll be advised as your application progresses.
To qualify for the Program, you should be an active Westfund Health Insurance member, who:
- Is a Primary Producer and this is your major source of income
- Resides in a drought-affected area (determined by NSW and Queensland Government indicator maps)
- Has a minimum of two (2) continuous years membership with Westfund at the date of application
- Has a combined annual family income of less than $180,000
- Full Terms and Conditions on their website here
How can I apply
The Westfund team is keen to support their members through this process. You can register for the Program by indicating your interest via the link below. Westfund will be in touch to organise the rest with you.
Alternatively, please call 1300 937 838 or drop into your nearest Care Centre locationto talk through the offer.